WAVL is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Please be assured that any information you provide when using this website will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
GKL/WVL Leasing is committed to protecting customers’ privacy and their personal information. This privacy statement explains the processes around what data we collect about you, how it is obtained, what it will be used for and who will access it.
GKL/WVL Leasing as a data controller is committed to ensuring that all personal information is processed in line with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the information security requirements of ISO27001 and the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) throughout the information lifecycle.
This privacy statement applies to the information we hold about you that can be used to identify you as an individual, known as personal information. Personal information includes, but is not limited to, your name, addresses, telephone number, email address, credit card or other billing information. By providing personal information to GKL/WVL Leasing, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to the terms of this privacy statement and the subsequent processing of your personal information in accordance with this statement.
Collection of your Personal Information
When entering into a contract hire agreement, booking car rental services or registering for an account, GKL/WVL Leasing will ask for your name, postal address, telephone number and email address. This allows GKL/WVL Leasing to process your order, to contact you if we have any problems with your request or to send you an electronic confirmation of any quotes obtained or confirmation of orders made. This information may be shared with our GKL/WVL Leasing site locations who may source and provide you with your vehicle. If your personal information is going to be shared with any 3rd party we will require your explicit consent.
We collect your IP address when you visit our website, this will only identify your internet service provider and does not contain any personal information about you as an individual. This information is solely used to allow us to understand where our site traffic originates to prevent any unauthorised access.
Cookies enable us to customise our website and offerings to your needs and provide you with a better online experience. In addition, cookies are used to measure usage of various pages on our website to help us make our information more pertinent to your needs and easy for you to access.
Our vehicles may be equipped with an infotainment system that if the customer chooses to use will store certain information. If the customer connects their mobile device via Bluetooth or cable then the infotainment system can store the Bluetooth device name, contacts list, text messages, emails, call logs and any routes or destinations i.e. home address.
If customers choose to use the infotainment system then GKL/WVL Leasing is not responsible for any data that is left in the vehicle as a result of the customers use. We cannot guarantee the privacy practices of GKL/WVL Leasing for such information and all customers are advised to reset the infotainment system back to its original factory settings before the vehicle is returned. If you require any assistance in this then please speak to a GKL/WVL Leasing representative.
How your Information is Collected and Stored
All customer personal data is collected directly from the customer in connection with a contract hire or rental vehicle or a service provided by GKL/WVL Leasing. The information is collected via but not limited to the following:
- GKL/WVL Leasing or Car Rental website;
- A phone call made to GKL or WVL Leasing
- In person to a GKL/WVL Leasing employee
- Infotainment systems (GKL/WVL Leasing does not request, require or process any information added to the infotainment system by the customer)
Customers can request copies of the personal information held about them at any time and to advise us of any amendments to keep the information up to date. We have strict procedures for storing and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised access. Therefore, we will ask for proof of identity before we disclose any information to you. Please address requests to:
Customers can withdraw their consent at any time to stop GKL or WVL Leasing from processing or accessing their information in line with Article 7 of the General Data Protection Regulations – exemptions to certain information apply.
Please contact the above address if you wish to withdraw your consent.
How we use your information
Your personal information will only be used for the specific purpose that the information was collected for, if your information is to be used for any other purpose other than what it was originally intended, then GKL/WVL Leasing will always gain explicit consent from its customers beforehand. Your personal information will only be kept for the period that it is required, once that time has elapsed your information will be securely deleted/disposed of.
We use information collected for the following, but not limited to purposes:
- To create a registered customer account;
- To make your rental reservation;
- Assist in the transaction to secure your contract hire or rental vehicle;
- To confirm and verify your identity for fraud prevention;
- To provide customer service in relation to your contract hire or rental vehicle or to respond to an enquiry made;
- To contact you about a claim during your contract hire or rental period i.e. insurance or a penalty notice (parking fine, speeding ticket etc.);
- To bill and collect any amounts owed in connection with your contract hire or rental vehicle;
- If opted in, to provide you with marketing offers from GKL/WVL Leasing;
- If opted in, to help GKL/WVL Leasing improve its products or services by completing customer feedback on the service received from GKL/WVL Leasing;
- To protect the rights and property of GKL and WVL Leasing.
Control of your Personal Information
Customers are welcome to see the personal details records held about them at any time and to advise us of any amendments to keep the information up to date. We have strict procedures for storing and disclosure of personal information to prevent unauthorised access. Therefore we may ask for proof of identity before we disclose any information to you. Please address requests to:
Sharing information with service providers
GKL/WVL Leasing will only share your information where you have explicitly consented to the sharing or for the purpose of the transaction or process to take place that the information was provided for, i.e. to carry out the rental of a vehicle or contract hire agreement.
GKL/WVL Leasing may use other companies as our service providers to act on our behalf and assist us in the conducting of our business or performing services for us under our instruction i.e. third party hire providers. Any third party that has access to personal information will maintain appropriate security standards in line with that of GKL/WVL Leasing to protect your personal data and use the personal data we provide to them only for the purposes we specify and that you have consented to.
GKL and WVL Leasing will not transfer any customer data outside the EEA without the customer’s explicit written consent.
Sharing this information for protective or legal uses
We may share your personal information for legal reasons as we believe necessary or appropriate, including:
- When legally required to or in response to a legal process;
- For the detection or prevention of a serious crime;
- Under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence;
- To process, handle or otherwise respond to claims for damages, including claims or demands for bodily injury or property damage;
- To respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence;
- To recover our vehicles, equipment or any monies due;
- To enforce the terms of a contract hire or rental agreement;
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and
- To allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
If we receive a notification from the Police, local authority or private parking company that a penalty, parking charge notice or any other offence has been committed whilst the vehicle was on hire/lease to you we will, where possible, provide your details to the authority/company issuing the penalty, notice or offence.
This privacy statement will be maintained and updated to reflect any changes in GKL/WVL Leasing’s processes or any changes to legislation or law that might impact how we manage your personal information. We encourage all users to regularly review this statement to ensure they are always fully aware of how GKL and WVL Leasing manages and protects their personal information.